Popular Posts

Friday, September 24, 2010

Things I Love This Week

FlyLady is an online nagger to get you to do housework. I get lazy and depressed sometimes, and this website takes things like dishes and laundry and vaccuming and bathrooms and all that and chops them into bite size chunks that are a little more palatable. I <3 how organised I get sometimes. Other times I'm just 'meh'.

It's SPRING!!!! I wanna get floral! (which is weird, because I've never been into floral prints, not since I was about 5) but I am loving Vivienne Westwoods 2010 Ready to Wear S/S collection:

Vogue I love the colour of these tights. The Stripy shorts, and the Showgirl Feather in the hair :)


Alexander McQueen has passed from this world, but his last collection shows what a genius he was. Look at that reptile print. Swoon.

Other Things That Have Me Revved Up:

Dress Rehersals for my Burlesque Debut on Sunday: Qsesh at Barsoma <3 Listening to Dean Martin Live in Las Vegas with my boyfriend <3 Skull Telephone <3 Getting the Internet connected <3 Photos from LA and Vegas from my Mum and Dad who justed moved stateside <3 Frank Frazetta Calendar <3 Having a clean kitchen <3 Giggling 3 year old <3 Having him say 'robots in disguise' every time he talks about Transformers, (which is alot) <3 Live Band, Mojito's and talking about the World Culture Revolution with someone I just met <3 Talking over the top of each other with my sister's <3 3 Cheese New York Pizza in the Valley 11pm on a Thursday night <3 Finding great blogs to follow <3 Watching the original Moulin Rouge movie, a bio on Henri Toulouse-Lautrec <3 Getting my corset, and teastaining it because it was the wrong colour. And the putting it on upside down at the dress rehearsal. DOH!! <3 Seeing Lola the Vamp perform at Ric's Bar with Viola Vixen and Amelie Lulu flitting around the room, and dancing in my heels to the house music with about 6 guys buying me and my sister drinks. And then leaving early :) <3 My blog <3 Job Interviews, I better get a job soon, damn it <3 Honey and Camomile Shower Gel <3 Eating Salads and drinking water <3 Magnum Caramel Ego - and then winning a freebie <3 Stretching and Practicing until Minnie the Moocher is stuck in my head all day <3 Loose Leaf Chai Tea with Scotch Fingers <3

Toulouse-Lautrec: Things aren’t always the way they seem.
Christian: Things are exactly the way they seem.
Toulouse-Lautrec: Christian, you may see me only as a drunken, vice-ridden gnome whose friends are just pimps and girls from the brothels. But I know what love is, only because I long for it with every fiber of my being. She loves you, I know it, I know she loves you.
-Moulin Rouge!

La Belle Dame sans Merci by John Waterhouse
O what can ail thee, knight at arms,
     Alone and palely loitering?
The sedge has wither'd from the lake,
     And no birds sing.

O What can ail thee, knight at arms,
     So haggard and so woe-begone?
The squirrel's granary is full,
     And the harvest's done.

I see a lily on thy brow
     With anguish moist and fever dew,
And on thy cheeks a fading rose
     Fast withereth too.

I met a lady in the meads,
     Full beautiful, a fairy's child;
Her hair was long, her foot was light,
     And her eyes were wild.

I made a garland for her head,
     And bracelets too, and fragrant zone;
She look'd at me as she did love,
     And made sweet moan.

I set her on my pacing steed,
     And nothing else saw all day long,
For sidelong would she bend, and sing
     A fairy's song.

She found me roots of relish sweet,
     And honey wild, and manna dew,
And sure in language strange she said—
     I love thee true.

She took me to her elfin grot,
     And there she wept, and sigh'd full sore,
And there I shut her wild wild eyes
     With kisses four.

And there she lulled me asleep,
     And there I dream'd—Ah! woe betide!
The latest dream I ever dream'd
     On the cold hill's side.

I saw pale kings, and princes too,
     Pale warriors, death pale were they all;
They cried—"La belle dame sans merci
     Hath thee in thrall!"

I saw their starv'd lips in the gloam
     With horrid warning gaped wide,
And I awoke and found me here
     On the cold hill's side.

And this is why I sojourn here,
     Alone and palely loitering,
Though the sedge is wither'd from the lake,
     And no birds sing.
La Belle Dame sans Merci

No comments:

Post a Comment